Friday, July 22, 2011

Roma: Day 2

Today was our last day in Rome. We commiserated this by buying ice cream. Twice.
What? We're on holiday!!

We had dinner last night at a nearby restaurant. For the two of us it was 37.50eur. It started off really well, the antipasto we had was delicious, so was the ravioli! But they had somehow run out of pepperoni. Tell me, how does a Roman restaurant, in the middle of peak season, at dinner time, run out of pepperoni!? So we had to change our chicken dish to a simple roast chicken, it was ok, but dry. The red wine was good, but it tasted like it could have been sparkling? Weird.

By the end of the night, we had to ask the three different wait staff for the bill before one of them brought it to us and they had charged us 2eur each for bread which they had brought us, we didn't request it. A bit cheeky. However, we'd totally go back and simply have a dinner of antipasti. DELICIOUS!

Today we went wandering again. This morning we visited the Colosseo, then headed for the Camp Dei Fiori, a piazza known for it's morning stalls of fruit, vegetables and other goods. We bought a huge beefsteak tomato for about 2eur then spent another 6 on three different types of meats, kalamata olives and some bread. We took the long way home (my mama taught me well) and had a makeshift picnic on the bed.

Oh, while we were at Campo Dei Fiori we also bought these cool spice/herb/dried vegetable mixes to take with us to our next stop. You use them by rehydrating them and then frying them off in oil & proceeding as per usual. SO cool & a great way to get a flavourful pasta sauce or pizza base! I can't wait to try them. I'm hoping to get at least one or two food posts while in Europe. (over at www.colpanna.com if you didn't already know)

This afternoon we browsed for a bit but there were a few overattentive staff that drove me (Liv) bonkers, I like to be able to shop in peace and not have a person follow me around, or dress me. My mama also taught me how to dress myself and I can do it ALL ON MY OWN! (the capitals are supposed to be said in a kid's voice, not a yelling voice, jsyk)

Tonight we're heading to a different local restaurant for dinner (Sticking to the rule of "don't visit the same place twice", we'll ignore the fact this is my third time in Rome). It'll be great I'm sure!!

Also, I've loaded a bunch of photos up on Flickr for you to check out. You'll be glad I filtered through some, there were almost 500!! But of course, because Flickr is a douche, they're not in any specific order. Vunderbar!

No comments:

Post a Comment